View Fresh Fruit, Vegetables and Dairy Produce
Fruit, Vegetables and dairy products
How to order your produce
Find out how to order your fresh fruit and veg
Distribution areas around the Northwest
Click here to see if we can deliver our produce to your doorstep
Welcome to The Lemon Tree
Lemon Tree Produce Ltd are the premier wholesale supplier of all types of high quality fruit and vegetables, and also dairy products to quality caterers, hotels and restaurants, bars, cafes, schools, and care homes across the North West.
We have a strong emphasis on sourcing local and regional products from local growers and suppliers wherever possible although in order to ensure best quality and range throughout the entire year, we source many products internationally.
Please contact a member of the team who will be happy to help you with regard to your order.
As all wholesale markets are closed on Bank Holiday Monday we will be CLOSED. Please note the following arrangements
Saturday 25th May 2013
Sunday 26th May 2013
Monday 27th May 2013
Bank Holiday Monday
Tuesday 28th May 2013
Please ensure that all prepared veg, bread, and dairy orders for the Tuesday are placed before 12 noon Friday 24rd May 2013
Special items such as exotic mushrooms, baby veg, large quantities of herbs & berries, micro-herbs, boxes of micro-salad, prep veg, etc… MUST be placed as soon as possible.
Please ring at the beginning of the week to place orders.
Thank you for your co-operation
As springtime comes, lots of customers ask us what new products they may be able to use for new menus and specials. Here is a quick list of products that are either in season or are just round the corner (weather dependant):-
- UK asparagus
- Yellow courgettes
- Purple sprouting broccoli
- Fresh peas
- Fresh broad beans
- Outdoor rhubarb
- Spring cabbage
- Loose large leaf spinach
- Heirloom tomatoes
Please feel free to give the office a call if you are looking to either order any of the above or are looking for something different.
The term “Hungry Gap” refers to the period in Spring when little or no fresh produce is available as the growing season comes to an end but the new season hasn’t started.
The gap is usually filled with produce that has been kept in storage to cover such a gap or produce from abroad. Foreign goods normally command a higher price and products affected are typically potatoes, carrots, and leeks.
Exceptionally poor weather over the past 12 months has left a situation where stored supplies of UK produce were lower than usual but have also had to be dipped in to at an earlier than normal time. Prices of peppers, potatoes, and leeks are all commanding strong prices at the moment with no sign of dropping until the weather improves and the new growing seasons get well underway.
If you’d like to know more information about the current shortages and how prices are affected then please give the office a call.
- Jersey Royals are in season now although prices have climbed despite a drop due to the poor weather and high demand.
- Dutch produce is well under way now. Prices of peppers have stayed firm but the likes of tomatoes, aubergines, and soon courgettes are quite reasonable.
- As we await the start of the UK growing season, lots of produce is still coming from abroad like cauliflowers (French), broccoli (Spanish), savoy (Spain,Portugal), carrots (Israel, France, Spain), iceberg (Spain), and celery (Spain).
- Although some local and UK produce is here right now such as lollo rosso, oak leaf, cos lettuce, curly biando, spring cabbage, asparagus. As soon as other produce becomes available, we’ll have it!
- We are currently stocking a few varieties of some different salad leaf direct from the Paris Rungos market. Mustard Frisee, bulls blood, chard, mesclun mix, and some very strong tasting wild rocket.
- Broad beans and peas are currently available. We are able to get these in on a daily basis so let us know if you want some and we can order it in.
- We now stock and can order the Boiron Freres range of frozen coulis and purees. Call the office now for a full list of products and availability to order.
We have now added fresh bread to our ever expanding product range. We can get pretty much everything you could want right from the major branded products such as Hovis and Warburtons to the individual brands from my suppllier that are specially made for catering purposes.
Orders need to be placed before 12pm the day before delivery is required so please call early to make sure you get your daily bread!